Palakkadan Blog introduction

Arun why don't you start writing????? 

This is is something that I have heard a lot from some friends of me with whom I have had long chats on various topics. and get me in front of my laptop fully charged to pour out my mind and mould  what ever comes out into something readable. But the moment I think what to write or where to start the fire inside me vanishes. And I am back to the normal Arun.

 It was recently that I spoke to Shalu, a friend of mine,  a writer herself, about this getting charged and discharged with the idea of writing. She saw my two micro blogs, about my Palakkad, in another site and asked me two combine the micro blogs and then build upon it. 

Yeah it's a good idea!!!!! I'll be starting at last... So I decided to write about Palakkad, the place where I belongs to, the place which give me lot of insights through experience, the place which has given birth to lot of people who has contributed to our country and world in multiple arenas..... Palakkad.


What is the specialty of Palakkad??? Palakkad is the land of palm trees ( I am not speaking about the meaning of the name). T
he granary of Kerala, also the place which provide toddy to majority of the districts in Kerala, the place of poorams and Velas (festivals in temples), the place where I belong to etc. etc. Let me take you through my Palakkad....

We say the specialty of India is " Unity in Diversity". What is this unity in diversity, do you want to know, just go to Palakkad. 


  We Palakkadans are demonstrating Unity in diversity since several decades. You will find Jains, Moothans, Tamil Muslims (ravuthars), Tamil Brahmins, Christians migrated from south Kerala, living with the people of Palakkad, which again is a mixture of Hindu, Muslims and Christians. All of these migrators have contributed something to the culture of Palakkad and have taken something from the culture of Palakkad…. Confused??? Just listen to a Tamil Brahmin’s or a Ravuthar’s conversation at their home. You will find a different type of Tamil highly mixed with Malayalam. The same can be visible in various cultures. In language you can find the dialect spoken by Ezhavas and some associated castes, the dialect of Muslims, valluvanadan Malayalam, bit of Thrissur christian dialects etc blended to make the Palakkadan dialect. The flavor may change when you go to various places of Palakkad though.

To experience the flavor you also need to know where to go if you are at Palakkad. So let me take you through the places to visit in Palakkad, some of the places are where I have visited multiple times and some I haven't.  Let's start with the Malampuzha dam and it's own beautiful Yakshi. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadakkanthara Temple and area around it.

The beautiful Yakshi of Malampuzha Garden